Using your Cell Phone in Canada
Yes. Most cell phones work in Quebec City
Two important points:
- TURN DATA ROAMING OFF ON YOUR SMARTPHONE (DATA ROAMING IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE)
- Go online to your carrier’s website (ATT, Verizon, T Mobile etc).
- Your carrier will offer a very reasonable optional plan for international (Canada) calling and texting.
- We highly recommend adding a plan if you expect to use your phone while in Canada. These days the plans are very reasonable.
Sample Cell Phone Plan Information
- Contact your provider for more specific information during the week leading up to the trip
- Verizon: $5 per day per phone when traveling to Canada (we will be there for 3 days)
- AT&T: For some AT&T plans, international plans are already included, for others, it can be $10 a day for full phone usage while in Canada. See more details at their website: https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/canada.html
- Sprint: For Sprint customers it can be $2 a day for a Canadian plan or $10 per week.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile has many different plans based on your current coverage, follow the link below for information on what would be best for you. https://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/roaming.html