After 8:00pm the day of departure from the resort updated info concerning departure/ arrival info will be available at the confirmation link.
Policy on Weather Delays
SKI TRAVEL has never cancelled a trip in over 30 years. We think it’s a good thing when it snows on a ski trip!
However, occasionally there is a major snowstorm in our metro area, either just before or during our trip to Canada. This causes concern among parents and guardians of our students who are unsure of the situation. SKI TRAVEL endeavors to keep both our students and their parents informed of any severe weather-related situation. As soon as feasible, we will provide updated information on our website after 8 p.m. on the night prior to our return.
Remember, we travel I-95 and I-87, major interstate highways for the entire trip until the last five miles of the trip when we get off to head to the resort. The roads to the resort are always well-cleared and maintained by experts in winter weather. Our professional charter drivers, too, are experienced in and trained for winter weather conditions.
SKI TRAVEL works with our bus company and the appropriate state agencies (highway patrol, departments of transportation) to ascertain the suitability of conditions to continue our trip. If a major highway route is closed and no alternative roads are available to allow us to progress, we will stop at the nearest rest stop and determine what our next step will be. In the event conditions necessitate that we delay our trip to the next day and we are too far from home, we will make arrangements to have our students lodged at a facility convenient to our location. Students may be expected to pay for any lodging costs necessitated by such action.
Since 1981, we have never had a weather-related condition necessitating an unscheduled lodging while en route to or from Canada.