What’s Included in the Price
- Slopeside Loadging at Hôtel Stoneham.
- Roundtrip Bus Transportation
- 3-Day Lift Ticket
- Two Full Breakfasts at the ski resort
- Students stay in luxury accommodations just a few steps away from the restaurants, shops and amazing activities in Old Québec.
- Two Breakfasts are included (Sunday and Monday morning) lunch and dinners are not included.
- Nearby are eateries for all budgets. See more info CLICK HERE for sample restaurants near hotel.
- Rentals for skis and snowboards and lessons are extra and should be reserved a minimum of two weeks prior to the trip.
- Two breakfasts are included in the price. Students are advised to have a minimum of $130 ATM card, credit card or cash.
- BANK ATM and Credit Cards are best. (Please advise your bank or credit card company you will be in Canada)
- There are charges for optional activities such as toboggan, sledding, movies, other activities near the hotel.
- Ice Skating near hotel is free. Skate rental is extra.
Be advised: Students do need the following: (Collected on Bus)
- $20 (U.S. cash) Refundable Room Security Deposit (Collected on Bus)
- $15 (U.S. cash) Non-Refundable HOTEL Security Fee (Collected on Bus).
How Rooms Are Assigned
Rooms at the hotels rooms designed to sleep a maximum of four people. When students register for the trip they are asked to provide names of roommates. All rooms are assigned on a same sex basis. To the extent possible, we assign rooms on the basis of student preferences. SKI TRAVEL will work with the student representative for the group to ensure the most desirable accommodations for everyone.
What if my roomate preferences change from my initial reservation?
You will receive a link to update roommate preferences on your Final Confirmation.
What to Bring
First, remember we’ll ski as soon as we arrive in Canada, so pack your outdoor apparel on top in your bag for easy access. Students will need proof of identity and citizenship, at least $130 cash and /or a combination of ATM CARD or credit card, labeled prescription medicines, eyewear and warm skiing apparel.
Bring the following items with you the day of the trip:
- Passport is not required for U.S. Citizen students age 18 and under on a school trip. see HERE for required documents.
IF you DO NOT have a Passport, You need a Birth Certificate and a Photo ID
Documents to prove you are a U.S. Citizen (passport or both an original birth certificate with a raised seal and a government issued picture ID)
- $20 (U.S. Cash Only) Refundable Room Security Deposit
- + $15 (U.S. Cash Only) Non-Refundable Chateau Frontenac Security Fee (Collected on Bus. And a minimum of $130 US for meals plus additional cash for other purchase
- Any medicines you may need while away from home
- Appropriate apparel for the weather including a warm coat, sweater and good shoes for walking around the village
- Appropriate clothing for skiing or snowboarding, including goggles and gloves.
- Ice Skates for free ice skating in Old Québec. (Skate rental also available for a small fee)
- Pillow, blanket, bottled water, DVD movies for bus and some food to make your bus ride to Canada more comfortable and
- Most Important! Pack or dress for easy access to your ski clothing as you will be changing to ski or snowboard apparel as soon as we arrive in Canada. Check-in is not until 5:00 p.m.
Space for storage is limited on the bus. LUGGAGE LIMIT WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
Please adhere to this strict luggage limit per person:
- (1) large bag or suitcase
- (1) small carry-on bag for inside the bus
- Ski equipment or snowboard. Ski or snowboard bags must contain ONLY skis, snowboards and boots. (no additional personal items or clothes)
- Only (1) suitcase or bag + a carry on will be permitted in the hotel per student.
- MUST HAVE A STRONG EASY TO READ, PROPER BAG TAG WITH NAME MATCHING REGISTRATION (NOT PARENT), ADDRESS, CELL # AND BUS #
- All skis and snowboard bags must remain on the bus
Travel Time and Rest Stops
Travel time to Quebec City, Canada is approximately 12.5 hours. In addition, the bus makes at least three stops, twice for short bathroom breaks and once for a meal. At the halfway point of the trip we stop to pick-up new bus drivers for the rest of the trip. There will also be the stop for border entry.
Using your Cell Phone in Canada
Yes. Most cell phones work in Quebec City
Two important points:
- TURN DATA ROAMING OFF ON YOUR SMARTPHONE (DATA ROAMING IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE)
- Go online to your carrier’s website (ATT, Verizon, T Mobile etc).
- Your carrier will offer a very reasonable optional plan for international (Canada) calling and texting.
- We highly recommend adding a plan if you expect to use your phone while in Canada. These days the plans are very reasonable.
Sample Cell Phone Plan Information
- Contact your provider for more specific information during the week leading up to the trip
- Verizon: $5 per day per phone when traveling to Canada (we will be there for 3 days)
- AT&T: For some AT&T plans, international plans are already included, for others, it can be $10 a day for full phone usage while in Canada. See more details at their website: https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/canada.html
- Sprint: For Sprint customers it can be $2 a day for a Canadian plan or $10 per week.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile has many different plans based on your current coverage, follow the link below for information on what would be best for you. https://www.t-mobile.com/optional-services/roaming.html
Arrival at Ski Resorts: Distribution of Vouchers
The buses arrive at the resort, usually between 6:30- 7:30 a.m. The first order of business is to change for skiing then distribute vouchers or tickets purchased by the students. Every student is given a lift ticket, which allows him or her unlimited access to the mountaintop for two days + 1 day (3 total) at the resort. In addition, students who rented skis or snowboards will be given their vouchers and students taking ski or snowboard lessons will be directed to the site for lessons. After everyone has received his or her vouchers, the group will exit the bus and begin to change clothing to ski or snowboard.
Check-in Procedures and Security Deposit
Check-in takes place around 5:30-6 p.m. on the day of arrival. Each student will be provided with a room key Students should report any existing damage at the time they check into the room. This is very important as prior damage might mistakenly be considered new if the student does not carefully document existing damage at check-in. After check-out (on the bus ride home), the $20 security deposit collected at the beginning of the trip (On the bus) will be returned to students so long as there was no damage to the room or public areas outside the room.
Student Responsibility for Equipment and Personal Items
Students are responsible for all rented equipment and should take measures to ensure that all equipment is properly stored and secured. In addition, students are responsible for their personal belongings. Any valuable items (Iphones, cell phones, video game players, etc.) should not be left in luggage on the bus before check-in or arrival day. Students should make sure these items are with them or left in a secure place.
Evening Activities for Students
We will be visiting Quebec City in the evening. Students have a wide variety of things to do in Old Québec in the evenings. There are many restaurants in Old Québec that handle large groups and students can go to these restaurants in groups of 10 or 12 and be accommodated. There are nightly activities such as indoor pool and spa (Free). Ice Skating (Free) Bring your own skates or rent for a small fee. Incredible world famous toboggan sled run behind hotel. For more info on activities see the What to do? section CLICK HERE
Basilica of St. Anne de Beaupre
NOTE: FEBRUARY 14-20, 2020 Trip will be a Catholic Church closer to Stoneham.
- Join the Ski Travel staff for Sunday Mass.
- A bus shuttle will depart from the Mont St Anne ski resort at 11:00 AM on Sunday for Roman Catholic Mass celebrated at the Basilica on Sundays at 11:30 am. (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- The shrine is located just a few minutes from the resort. It is the most visited pilgrimage site in North America and is really worth the visit. It Virtual tour of the chapel
- See the Basilica website for more information. CLICK HERE
Telephoning The Hotels
We will advise students of their hotel.
Parents can phone their son or daughter at the Hotel any time after check-in on arrival day. On arrival day, please call after 6:00 p.m. so that all the students will have had sufficient time to get to their room after check-in. Remember that not all cell phones will work in Canada so please keep the following information if you are relying on contacting your child on his or her cell phone. The contact information for resort guests is as follows:
610 Chemin du Hibou
QC G3C 1T8, Canada
Phone: +1 418-848-2000